The Stackla Bynder Asset Manager Plugin allows for brands to send Assets from a Stack to any Bynder instance in both a manual and real-time manner.
Included below are the steps required to setup the Integration.
1. Install the Bynder Asset Manager Plugin
The Bynder Asset Manager plugin is located under the DAM section within the Stackla Plugin directory. To find, simply navigate to Plugins > View All Plugins on the Stackla navigation and either refine by CMS or search for the Bynder listing.
Once found, you can load up the Plugin Description and select Install Plugin.
Once you have successfully installed the plugin you will be redirected to the Plugin Configuration screen, similar to below.
It is recommended you copy the Redirect URI as we will use this when setting up on the Bynder side.
2. Setup OAuth App in Bynder
Once the plugin has been installed in Stackla, we can start configuring the Bynder side. In a separate tab, login into your Bynder instance and navigate to the OAuth App section by selecting Settings > Advance Settings > Portal Settings from the top right navigation menu.
From here you will be able to select OAuth Apps from the new left hand menu and then select Add New. You will now be presented with the Register new OAuth application screen similar to the screenshot below.
You will need to fill in the following details:
- Application Name (It is recommended you mention Stackla somewhere in here)
- Authorization redirect URIs (This is the Redirect URI in the Stackla Bynder plugin that we copied earlier)
You will also need to grant the following permissions:
Once you save the Plugin you will now be presented with your Application's:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
You can copy these and paste them into the Stackla Bynder plugin.
3. Save and Connect
Jumping back to the Stackla Bynder plugin you should now have filled out the following sections:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Domain (This is the subdomain for your Bynder instance - domain.getbynder.com)
Assuming these are all filled out you can now select Save and Connect.
Stackla will now redirect you to Bynder where you will need to login using your Bynder credentials and permit select scopes to Stackla by hitting Yes on the second screen.
4. Configure Usage
Once you have successfully connected your Bynder account, you will now have the ability to configure how you wish for the Plugin to work day to day.
The options you will have available to you are:
- Bynder Category: Select what Category you would like all Assets to be tagged with
- Audit: Select whether or not assets should go to the Bynder Waiting Room first
- Automation: If you wish to auto-send Rights Approved Assets, please enable this feature
- Content Moderation: If you wish to have the ability to manually send Assets (regardless of whether or not they are rights approved), enable this feature to be presented the option in the overflow menu in both Moderation and Asset Manager.