Automation Rules provides the ability for customers to define workflows that will apply a transformation (Action) to a Tile based upon a set of pre-defined conditions (Trigger).
These Rules are run every time a new Tile is aggregated into the customer Stack.
The various parameters which a customer can specify when creating an Automation Rule via the Stackla Admin User Interface are:
- Match All : All conditions must be True in order for the Trigger to be fired
- Match Any : Any condition can be true in order for the Trigger to be fired
- Concepts : Visual Recognition Labels
- Media : Tile Media Type (ie. Image, Video, HTML, etc)
- Message : Keyword or Hashtag in the Tile
- Network : Source (ie. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Location : Add a Latitude / Longitude to the Tile
- Sentiment : Change the Tile sentiment to Positive / Neutral / Negative
- Tag : Apply one or multiple Tags
The instructions below outline how to setup an automation Rule:
1. Go to Settings > Automation Rules in the Navigation.
2. Select Create New Rule from the manage Automation Rules page.
3. The Automation Rule modal will load. First step here is to define the Rule Name. This name is what will be used to help identify the rules from the manage Automation Rules page.
4. Next step is to define the Scope for the Trigger. This Scope determines whether or not ALL or ANY of the Conditions you define in the Trigger section.
5. Once you have defined the Scope, you will now have the ability to create a Condition or a Group. A Group is a set of Conditions which can have its own Scope.
6. Once you have defined your Triggers, you can now define your Actions.
Note: As Location and Sentiment can only be applied to a Tile once, you will only have the ability to define these Actions once per Automation Rule.
7. Final step in the process is to Save the Rule. The Automation Rule will then be run against every new Tile that is aggregated into your Stack.
Note: Automation Rules will not be applied to Tile that already exist in your Stack.