Slack is an enterprise software platform that allows teams and businesses of all sizes to communicate effectively.
With the Stackla Slack plugin, you can now utilize Slack to receive and interact with your Stackla Notifications! Current notifications that are available include alerting you or your desired Slack channel of a newly rights approved piece of the content.
You must be either an Owner or Admin of Slack in order to authorize new app connections.
If unsure, and run into an authorization error during this setup, it will be necessary to contact the Slack Owner/Admin, in order to proceed. There are two methods to achieve this:
- Ask your Slack Owners/Admins to temporarily grant you permissions to authorize the Stackla App (once the Stackla app is authorized, permissions can be reverted back).
- If your Stackla platform has an unused seat(s), invite your Slack Owners/Admins to your Stack to install and configure the Slack plugin.
- To install the plugin, head over to the Plugins directory of your Stack.
- Click "Install" from the Slack plugin.
Upon installing the Slack plugin, the configuration page will be loaded. To configure the plugin, it's as simple as adding a Slack connection/authorization.
1.From the Slack configuration page, click "Add connection".
2.If prompted, login to your Slack account, then select the desired Slack instance from the dropdown
3.Select where your Stackla notifications should be sent within Slack. This can be any conversation or channel (public or private)
4.Once successfully authorized, you will be returned to your Stackla instance. From here, you can manage your current Slack connections. Even adding additional connections should you want to send the rights management notifications to multiple Slack conversations or channels.
5.(OPTIONAL) If you'd like to make the notifications interactive from within Slack, enable the Interaction buttons option (See Stackla Interaction section below for more info).
6.Once configured, you will now start to receive Stackla notifications within Slack!
In addition to the real-time notifications, the Slack plugin can also provide interactive functionality! With each rights approved notification, you can action your Stackla Tiles directly from Slack itself.
- To enable the interactive functionality, navigate to your Slack plugin configuration page via Plugins > View All Plugins > Slack (Configure).
- From the list of connections, simply enable the "Interaction Buttons" option for those you wish to make interactive.
Currently, the interactive options include downloading the rights approved asset to your desktop and modifying the current status (i.e. publish, queue, disable) of the Tile in your Stack.