All content originates somewhere in the world and when the location context matters, Map provides you with a way to visualise it. Display content clusters on a range of fully customisable, interactive mapping solutions powered by Google Maps, Open Streetmaps, CartoDB and Mapzen.
Show your audience where content is being posted in real-time. Go one step further and link this Map to a content Widget to provide a geolocation based content filtering experience - as users drill down into map clusters, show them the content posted from that region.
Note: As you know, location data is sensitive information, and not all networks or users provide this. So, there are a few things to keep in mind when considering a Map widget:
- The Map widget will only display posts that have location data.
- Location data is only included in a post, when the user has explicitly chosen to tag their location.
- Learn how to manually set a tile's location from here.
- Plugins > View All Plugins > Maps > Install
- Once installed, go to Engage > Widgets > Create Widget > Map
- Under the Settings, complete the below:
- Name: Create a unique name for this Widget.
- Select Filter: Select your preferred Filter from the drop down menu. This will determine which content is displayed on the widget.
- Disable Scroll Zoom: Disable the map zooming functional via mouse/trackpad scroll.
- Map Centre: locate the area that you wish to display. You can use the search bar to locate the area or manually drag your mouse around the map.
- Display: There are two options; display the Map Only or display a Map + Feed. Note, when displaying a feed make sure that both Filters are the same.
- Click Preview to view your map.
- Under the Appearance settings, complete the below:
- Step 1: Select from the available map options
- Step 2: Customise the appearance i.e. pin colour
- Save your changes
- Click on Embed code to display your map.
- NOTE: if using Map + Content Widget make sure to select this option in the embed code:
Map Only example below:
Map + Feed example below: