All content originates somewhere in the world and when the location context matters, Map provides you with a way to visualise it. Display content clusters on a range of fully customisable, interactive mapping solutions powered by Google Maps, Open Streetmaps, CartoDB and Mapzen.
Show your audience where content is being posted in real-time. Go one step further and link this Map to a content Widget to provide a geolocation based content filtering experience - as users drill down into map clusters, show them the content posted from that region.
- Plugins > Maps > Install
- Once installed, go to Display > Widgets > Map > Create Widget
- Under the Settings, complete the below:
- Name: Create a unique name for this Widget.
- Select Filter: Select your preferred Filter from the drop down menu. This will determine which content is displayed on the widget.
- Map Centre: locate the area that you wish to display. You can use the search bar to locate the area or manually drag your mouse around the map.
- Display: There are two options; display the Map Only or display a Map + Feed. Note, when displaying a feed make sure that both Filters are the same.
- Click Preview to view your map.
- Under the Appearance settings, complete the below:
- Step 1: Select from the available map options
- Step 2: Customise the appearance i.e. pin colour
- Save your changes
- Click on Embed code to display your map. Note, if using Map + Feed make sure to select this option in the embed code.
Map Only example below:
Map + Feed example below: