Zapier is a tool designed for non-technical users to connect web apps and automate tasks. An integration between two or more Apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of at least one Trigger and one Action.
Triggers are whenever a 'pre-defined' event occurs within one App. Whenever this event occurs, it will 'trigger' Zapier to perform an action in another app.
The Stackla Zapier plugin enables Stackla customers to integrate their stack with up to 750 other best-of-breed web services to automate actions in the background.
The below guide provides a high level overview of how to setup a Zap.
1. Install the Zapier Plugin on Stackla
- Within the Plugins section of Stackla, install the Zapier Plugin
- Select to Create a New Zapier. This creates a single instance which you will connect to Zapier.
- Login into zapier on a separate browser tab to continue with the process.
Note: If you don't already have an account on Zapier, you'll need to create one. It's free to setup an account and use. Upgrade plans are available.
2. Configure Zapier
- Login and select to 'Make a New Zap'
- From here you will be asked to select a 'Trigger'. Stackla's Plugin has the following pre-defined Triggers:
- A Tile is Tagged;
- A Tile is Published;
- A Tile is Claimed by Registration.
- Stackla also has a series of 'Actions' available which can be used to perform an integration. Listed below are the pre-defined Actions:
- Create a Tag
- Create a HTML Tile
- Create an Image Tile
- Create a Text Tile
- Create a Video Tile
- Once you have selected Stackla to perform either a Trigger or Action, you can now connect your account.
- As part of the Zapier setup, you will be prompted to provide your Stack Shortname and Access Token.
- To find these, simply go back to your Stackla tab, and under your Zapier instance click either find your token (Or 'Generate Token') and collect your Stack Shortname. (Note: You may need to expand the Zap and Instance details to see this)
- Copy the respective details from Stackla back to Zapier and add to the relevant fields in the Zapier prompt.
- Once complete, click 'Yes, Continue'
4. Complete Trigger or Action setup
- Continue to follow the instructions in Zapier. These will differ depending on the whether you have selected Stackla as the Trigger or Action app, and also on what the other selected app is. You will also have to define what other Applications you wish to integrate with as part of the process and will need to potentially connect them.
For further information please log a support ticket.