Zapier is a tool designed for non-technical users to connect web apps and automate tasks. An integration between two apps is called a zap. A zap is made up of a Trigger and an Action. Whenever the trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the action in another app. The Zapier plugin integrates Stackla with other best-of-breed web services to automate actions in the background.
1. Install the Zapier Plugin on Stackla
- Within the Plugins area of Stackla, install the Zapier Plugin
- Select to Create a New Zapier. This creates a single instance which you will connect to Zapier.
- Rename the instance, and then login to zapier on a separate browser tab.
Note: If you don't already have an account on zapier, you'll need to create one. It's free to setup an account and use. Upgrade plans are available.
2. Configure zapier
- Login and select to 'Make a New Zap'
- You'll be asked to select Trigger and Action apps:
- Choose Stackla as the Trigger if you want something to happen when;
- A Tile is Tagged;
- A Tile is Published;
- A Tile is Claimed by Registration.
- Alternatively, choose Stackla as the Action app if you want to do any of the following based on a trigger from another app;
- Create an Image Tile;
- Create a Text Tile;
- Create a Tag.
- Select another app as the Trigger/Action app
- Click the 'Continue' button
- You will be prompted to connect a Stackla account. Click to add your account
- You will be asked for an Access Token and Stack Shortname. Go back to Stackla on the other browser tab to find this information
- In Stackla, click to 'Generate Token' and follow the prompts to authorise. Once you have authorised, you may need to expand the 'Zap and Instance Details'
- Underneath the 'Generate Token' button you will see 'Show Token' within a field. Click on 'Show Token' and then on 'Copy Token'
- Navigate back to zapier on the other tab, and paste this value in the Access Token field
- On Stackla, next to the token field, you will also find the Stack Shortname. Copy this and paste it into zapier
- Click on 'Continue'
4. Complete Trigger or Action setup
- Continue to follow the instructions in zapier. These will differ depending on the whether you have selected Stackla as the Trigger or Action app, and also on what the other selected app is.
For further information please log a support ticket.