Google Analytics helps you analyse visitor traffic and paint a complete picture of your audience and their engagement with user generated content.
- Install the Google Analytics Plugin. This plugin makes it easier to track specific types of events, which you can analyse further to find engagement levels for specific content and widgets.
- Start the configuration by entering a Google Analytics tracking ID. This must be a Universal Analytics tracking ID (e.g. UA-12345678-1). This code can be found on the Admin > Property > Property Settings section of Google Analytics under the Tracking ID field, or follow the instructions in this Google Analytics help guide.
- Select which events you want to track:
- Widget Event > Load More: The user has scrolled to the end of the initially loaded widget content, and clicked to load more
- Tile Events > Tile being expanded: For widgets that have the expanded tile feature, you can see when the user has clicked on content to see the larger view
- Tile Events > User name / handle being clicked: The user has clicked on the network username or @handle
- Tile Events > Share button being clicked: The user has selected to share the content on a social network (sharing must be enabled on the widget)
- Tile Events > ShopSpot flyout being shown: The user has browsed a tile on a stack that has Social Commerce enabled, found content with a ShopSpot and viewed the product detail
- Tile Events > ShopSpot action being clicked: The user has clicked the call-to-action button in the ShopSpot
These specific events will be displayed in Google Analytics as 'Load more', 'Tile expand', Username or Handle click', Share click', 'ShopSpot flyout', 'ShopSpot click'. See examples in the Event Action table of the below image.
For further information please log a support ticket.