In this guide we explore the general concept of sending an alert to your Android phone via 'Notify my Android' whenever someone claims their Tile through Stackla leveraging Rights by Registration.
- Notify my Android: Notify my Android is a push notification tool allowing you to send push notifications quickly and easily to your Android phone.
- Zapier: Zapier is a tool for primarily non-technical users to connect together web apps. An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and an Action. Whenever the trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the action in another app.
What you require:
This guide assumes you have the following:
- Zapier Account
- Stackla License
- Notify my Android Account
The Fun Part:
Stackla has made it easy to connect your Notify my Android account to your Stack via the Middleware tool Zapier by creating a Shared Zap for your convenience. To install and run on your Stack, simply follow the steps below.
1. Install the Zapier for Stackla Plugin
To access the plugin, simply go to the Plugin directory within your Stack and install the plugin titled 'Zapier’.
Once setup you will be given the option to configure your Zap and Instance details.
Here you can specify a name for your Zap within your Stackla environment and generate an access token which you will need later on in this process.
We will also need to come back here to add in a Zap Trigger into this lower section.
2. Install the Notify my Android for Stackla Shared Zap
Once you have configured Zapier on the Stackla side, you can now take advantage of the already created ‘Shared Zap’.
Find the ‘Create Notify my Android notifications for claimed Stackla tiles' on the Notify my Android plugin in the Stackla Plugin Directory. Click the ‘Use this Zap’ button.
First step is to setup a Webhook within Stackla. Going back to where you edited your Zapier plugin, paste the provided Webhook into the Tile Claimed section (under Zap Triggers).
Next step is to link Stackla to Zapier. To progress, simply click on the Connect option to progress.
From here you can add your Access Token (as generated before) and the Shortname for your Stack.
Next step is to connect your Notify my Android account to Zapier. Much like before, simply click on the 'Connect' button to progress.
This will prompt you to provide an API Key from your Notify my Android account in order to grant access to Zapier.
Once complete you can now start associating fields from Stackla with relevant fields within Notify my Android, and define your Push Notification Message.
Once you are happy with the association, you can now click ‘Save + Finish’ and send your Zap live.