WordPress is a popular open-source CMS used to power websites. Stackla's WordPress plugin allows you to create a widget natively within WordPress and showcase UGC on any Page or Post.
Note: A WordPress licence 4.3 or higher is required.
1. Install the WordPress plugin
Download the plugin at https://github.com/Stackla/stackla-wordpress-plugin/releases. Then follow the instructions to install this on your WordPress instance.
2. Configure WordPress
Once the plugin is installed on WordPress, navigate to the sidebar menu for Stackla.
- Copy the Callback URL. You’ll be pasting this into a field on your Stack
- Go to my.stackla.com and login
- Install the WordPress plugin from the Plugins Directory
- Paste the Callback URL in the appropriate field on the configuration page and Save
- The page will refresh to display several read-only fields: Stack Shortname, Client ID and Client Secret
- Copy and paste these fields into WordPress
Select where you want to be able to add the Stackla Widgets: Post, Pages or both.
Step 3. Connect to Stackla
If you have saved the configuration for both Stackla and WordPress, you can now click Authorise from within WordPress.