In this guide we explore the general concept of creating Product Tags within Stackla whenever a new Product is added a user’s Shopify account.
- Shopify: Shopify is a simple way to create an online store to list products, collect credit card payments, and ship your goods.
- Zapier: Zapier is a tool for primarily non-technical users to connect together web apps. An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and an Action. Whenever the trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the action in another app.
- Product Tags: Product Tags are a way of associating particular products with aggregated content tiles. Tags can be be associated with Tiles in a one to one or one to many manner.
What you require:
- Zapier Account
- Stackla License
- Shopify License
The Fun Part:
Stackla has made it easy to connect Shopify to your Stack via the Middleware tool Zapier by creating a Shared Zap for your convenience. To install and run on your Stack, simply follow the steps below.
1. Install the Zapier for Stackla Plugin
To access the plugin, simply go to the Plugin directory within your Stack and install the plugin titled 'Zapier’.
Once setup you will be given the option to configure your Zap and Instance details.
Here you can specify a name for your Zap within your Stackla environment and generate an access token which you will need later on in this process.
2. Install the Shopify for Stackla Shared Zap
Once you have configured Zapier on the Stackla side, you can now take advantage of the already created ‘Shared Zap’.
Find the ‘Create Stackla tags from Shopify products’ Shared Zap and click the ‘Use this Zap’ button.
From here you will be given the opportunity to connect your Shopify account to Zapier. Simply click on ‘Connect’ to start the process of linking the two applications.
Step one of the linking process is to specify your Shopify username. This should be the short name associated with your shopify account (i.e. The Shopify store - stackla.myshopify.com would have a username of stackla).
From here you will be presented the opportunity to login and link you the two accounts.
Once completed you can now start the process of linking your Stackla account to Zapier. Again to progress, simply click on the Connect option to progress.
From here you can add your Access Token (as generated before) and the Shortname for your Stack.
Once linked you can now start associating fields from Shopify Products with relevant Tag fields within Stackla.
A series of fields have already been pre-populated with the only one requiring a change in order to progress is the Custom URL (please replace <shopname> with your Shopify Store URL).
Note: Want to associate more fields from Shopify with your Stack? Simply click on ‘Show Advanced Options’.
Once you are happy with the association, you can now click ‘Save + Finish’ and send your Zap live..