If you have not done so already, go to Plugins and locate your chosen feature. Simply click on Install plugin. Once loaded this will be added your Stack.
Using, the Rights via Registration feature, you can now collect user's details and contact information for further engagement and marketing purposes.
1. Go to Settings > Rights via Registration
2. Once the page loads, scroll down the page until you see the tick box, "Do you want to collect user information during the registration process? E.g. Name, Email etc".
Upon checking this box a form will appear. Use this form to configure the fields you wish to display for the purposes of collecting user data.
The following information can be captured by default:
- User's Social Network Handle and Username (This is automatically captured)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Zip / Postcode
- Custom Text Field 1 (This is a text field. It can be renamed for example to "Comments" or "Feedback" )
- Custom Text Field 2 (As above)
- Custom Check-Box (This is a check box that can be used to indicate opt in. The label can be changed to indicate what users are opting in to for example "Opt in to marketing communications" or "Send me special offers").
Simply tick the boxes to include this information on your form.
If you wish to add additional Custom Fields, click here to read the following Guide on the Developer Portal.
A preview of your form will appear. To make changes to the wording on the form click on the Edit button located in the top right corner.
When editing the form, a code snippet will appear. Use this to rearrange or format the fields. You can also add additional HTML, change the field placeholders, or add even more fields to your form.
If you want to know how to Customised the look of your form, click here
For example, to change the label, "Custom text field 2" to "Tell us more...", search for the area that says, "Custom text field 2" and in the "placeholder" section enter in "Tell us more...". Click Save at the very bottom of the screen to activate the change.
This is now what will display on the form preview: