A Filter is used to combine content together for the purposes of displaying within Widgets or Event Screens. Follow the instruction below to get started:
Instructions: go to Curate > Manage Filters > Create New Filter (alternatively click Edit on an existing Filter).
A pop-up will appear containing the General tab, and possibly the Location tab (depending on your stack).
The General tab will allow you to set up the following areas:
- Name - create a name for your Filter
- Sort by - select from Latest (orders content chronologically from newest to oldest), Greatest (based on term status, user interactions and post time) and Votes (competition-based, prioritises according to votes).
- Networks - choose to the social media networks you'd like to display. Note, leaving this blank will allow for all networks to display.
- Tags - enter in the relevant tag(s) to ensure your desired content will appear in your display. Note, leaving this blank will allow for all tags to display.
- Media type - choose whether you would like Image, Video, Text, or HTML to display. Note, leaving this option blank will display all media types.
- Rights Management (if plugin is installed) - specific to the Rights Management plugin. Select whether you want to display Rights approved only, or to display content that has not been Rights approved, or a mix (display everything regardless of Rights). Read a little more about Rights Management here.
- Languages - if necessary, limit the displayed content to specific languages i.e. you may wish to display English only posts. Note, by default this is blank and displays published content from all languages.
- Sentiment - if necessary, use this option to display content that has been detected as Positive, Neutral or Negative.
- External ID - If needed, this option allows you to specify an external ID to reference the filter.
The Location tab may be available depending on your license, and will allow you to set up Geo-fencing for this Filter. Read a little more of Geo-fencing here.
Once each area is set up, click on Preview to confirm the content that will appear in this Filter (popup blocker may prevent the preview window from loading). Once you have checked to make sure this is the correct content, go back to the Filter tab and Save.
Note, by default your account will have a Filter called, Latest. This has been created so that you can display all published content using one Filter. The Latest Filter will also be the default Filter chosen for new displays, so be sure to change this as needed.