A connection to Facebook needs to be established so that content can be aggregated into your Stack account. Just like any sign up form for an application you are asked to provide your details and authorise access before you can start using the program. The information below will help to explain how you can set up your Facebook account. We recommend the more permanent solution, "Ongoing permission"
Note: You only need to connect one Facebook account.
The current options to connect are:
- Ongoing permission - 'Set and forget'; this set up only needs to occur once.
- Temporary permission - fast set up but must be renewed every 60 days otherwise Facebook content will stop aggregating.
Ongoing Permission (recommended option)
This is achieved by creating a Facebook App ID. Note, this app is for internal purposes and will not be displayed publicly.
- Login to a personal Facebook account (if you do not wish to use a personal account please create a new one for this process)
- Go to the Facebook Developer page and register as a Facebook Developer (this is a simple formality and you will be guided though with on-screen prompts)
- Once registered go to My Apps > Add a new app
- A pop-up will appear and click on basic setup
- Enter a Display Name (this name is for your reference) and select a Category (e.g. business). Then click on the button Create App ID.
- Click on Dashbaord ou with your App ID and App secret code.
- Go back to your Stackla account and then go to Settings > General > Social Data Access > Connect Facebook
- Select the connect Facebook App option and in the fields provided add in your App Token ID and App Secret key (make sure you click 'Show' to get the full code) into the registration form
- Click the Save button
This option is quick to activate however, you will need to repeat the process every 60 days in order to continue aggregating content. You will receive reminders to renew this permission.
Go to Aggregate > Create Term and choose Facebook
Select the option, 'Connect Facebook'
Follow the prompts and once complete you will be redirected back to Stackla. The connection is now set up.
Note: To remove any existing set up, either temporary or ongoing, go to Settings > General > Social Data Access and then click on Remove.