In order to aggregate content from Facebook, you will need to connect either a Facebook User, App or Business Account.
Depending on the type of Content you wish to ingest, you will need to select the most appropriate method of connecting.
The below table highlights what content will be ingested based upon the token authenticated.
|Connection Type||Page Content||Fan Posts||Comments|
|Facebook User Token||Y||Limited||Limited|
|Facebook App Token||Y*||Limited||Limited|
|Facebook Page Token||Y||Y||Y|
Fan Posts and Comments ingested using a User Token and/or App Token will not include the content creators Username, User Handle and/or Avatar.
Facebook App Tokens will not be able to ingest content from Pages which have been Age Gated.
CONNECT FACEBOOK USER & PAGE
To connect your Facebook User & Page Tokens, simply Navigate to Aggregate > New Term and choose Facebook
From the prompt, select Connect Facebook (First option)
You will now be directed to Facebook and will have the ability to authorise Stackla to aggregate based upon your User Account and any associated Pages.
Note: In order to generate a Page Token, your User account must be an Administrator of the respective page(s). Administrators are any users who have Admin, Editor, Moderator, Advertiser or Analyst roles.
CONNECT FACEBOOK APP
To connect a Facebook App, you must first create a Facebook App on the Facebook Platform.
To do this, please follow the below steps:
1. Login to a personal Facebook Account (if you do not wish to use a personal account please create a new one for this process)
2. Go to the Facebook Developer page and register as a Facebook Developer (this is a simple formality and you will be guided though with on-screen prompts)
3. Once registered go to My Apps > Add a New App
4. You will be promoted to give your App a Display name and a Contact Email and then click Create App ID.
5. Complete the Security Check and then Navigate to Settings > Basic from the left hand menu.
6. You will now be presented with your App ID and App Secret, which you will need to provide to Stackla. You will need to copy both of these items.
7. Navigate back to Stackla, go to Aggregate > New Term, select Facebook and then select Add Facebook App from the prompt (second option)
8. You will be presented with a new modal. Please add in your App ID and App Secret Key and press Save.
If you need to remove any User, App or Page Token from your Stack, navigate to Settings > General and click on the Social Data Access tab.
You can then click Remove on the respective Accounts you no longer want associated.