One of the strengths of Contentful as a headless Content Management System (CMS), is complete control over your Content Model. As such, a user can add one or multiple Widgets to any Content Item within their Contentful Space. Use this guide once you have selected a Content Model you wish to add Stackla to from within the Contentful Space.
- To find your Contentful Content Models, go to Spaces > Content Model. From the right-hand menu, choose, Add Field.
- Select the field type > Text
- From here we can define the new field. For the purpose of this guide, we have called it Widget, (note: label the new field so it is relevant for your organisation).
- Next is to define the Text field as being Long text, full-text search and to click on Create and Configure.
- Select Create and Configure to save
- Once selected, you will be presented with a new dialog similar to the below. Within this area, you can apply field options and validations as needed. For this guide, select the Appearance tab to define this Text field as being a Stackla Widget.
- Within the Appearance Tab, there is a Display type titled, Stackla Widget - Stackname (Stackname is unique to your Stack). If you have connected additional Stacks to your Contentful instance, there will also be additional options. Locate the relevant value and Save.
- Once saved, it will look similar to below. You can also add multiple Widgets to a single Content Model or instead add a Widget to as many Content Models as you please.
How to configure a Widget
Once you have setup the plugin, and configured the Content Fields for the Content Model, you should now see a Stackla section within the Edit screen.
From here the user can select any Widget that is available within you Stack, and then customise the output by either overwriting the Filter and/or Tags associated with that output.
Once a Widget has been selected (and/or any other changes made), simply Publish Changes for these to be saved and updated.
Once saved, the Stackla Widget embed code will be available in the Contentful outputs.
For any further questions or queries, please submit a request and our support team will get back to you.