To successfully connect your Stackla and Contentful accounts, the first step is to install the Contentful App under the Stackla Plugins directory.
- Go to Plugins and locate the Contentful plugin. Open it to install and configure the settings.
- Once installed, you will be presented with a configuration screen similar to below.
- Our only step to complete at this stage is to copy the Redirect URI that is visible at the top of the config screen which we will use in our next step when creating a Contentful App.
- Log in to Contentful and create an App. To create an App, click on your Username (Top left-hand corner) and select the option, User Profile (https://app.contentful.com/account/profile/user/)
From this screen, you will be presented with a series of 'sub-options'.
- Select the fifth from the left called, Applications. From here you can now setup your very own Application in Contentful. Simply click on the button New Application to start the process.
- This will load up a blank form similar to the below:
Complete the form and complete the form. Note, Name and Description can be any values, however it is encouraged you use something which can be identified with Stackla. The Redirect URI should be the value collected previously in Step 3.
Select both options, the Content Management Read and Content Management Manage checkboxes before hitting the Create Application button. Upon hitting Create Application, the Application screen will update and show a UID similar to below. Copy this UID, as it will need to be added into our Stackla Contentful Plugin on the Stackla side.
Configuring the Stackla Contentful Plugin
By now we have successfully created an Application within Contentful, meaning we are now in a position to configure our Stackla Contentful Plugin to connect the two applications.
First step is to take that UID we copied in the previous step and paste it into the App ID section within the Contentful Plugin (Plugins > Contentful Plugin > Configure > App ID).
- Once pasted in, the Connect button should turn Green. Click on 'Connect' to save the ID.
- This will prompt you to authorise Stackla to use your Contentful Account. To proceed select Authorise
- By now you have given Stackla access to use your Contentful account. Next step is to provide access to Contentful to access your Stackla account. To do this, simply click on the Authorise Stackla button located further down.
- Upon clicking, you will be prompted to log into your account again to authorise Contentful to access your Stack.
- Once successful, the Authorise Stackla button will change from Green to Red, and the Spaces section on your account will now be populated with the one or more Spaces associated with your Contentful account.
Final step in the process is simply to Install Stackla onto that Space. To do this, simply hit the Install button next to the relevant Space(s) that you wish to enable Stackla on.
For any further questions or queries, please submit a request and our support team will get back to you.