Based on your License Agreement, your Stackla platform can store a set amount of content. Typically, the default volume is 150,000 Tiles or pieces of aggregated content that can be stored at any given time.
In order to ensure that your Stackla platform can continue to aggregate the latest content, some systematic rules have been implemented to remove (purge) content from your Stack.
At a high level, the Tile purging rules within a Stack are:
Published, Rights Approved content and content marked as Do Not Purge will not be purged
Trashed content will always be purged first, followed by queued content (from oldest > latest)
Content marked as trashed will be held for a minimum of 1 day before it can be actually removed from the platform (an added safeguard to give Admins an opportunity to restore previously trashed tiles).
- Content marked as trashed will be held for a maximum of 30 days in the Trash tab of Curate > Content, then automatically removed permanently.
Tips & Tricks:
With the trash bin emptied regularly by the system, it is recommended to mark irrelevant or unwanted content as 'trash' during moderation. Not only will this help to keep your stack aggregating consistently, but for customers with large aggregation volumes it will also reduce the risk of any potentially desirable, queued content from being purged by the system before moderating, as you near your stack's allotted volume of content.
If there are important pieces of content that you wish to save in your account, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Curate > Content and locate the relevant content
- Using the tile checkbox, select each tile you wish to protect (shown in red below)
- With some tiles selected, the Batch Action Menu will appear in the toolbar above your content (shown in yellow below)
- Select the 'Do Not Purge' option to protect the selected tiles
- Once completed, your content will be safe in your stack until manually trashed