Stackla offers the ability for our customers to review the sentiment of each post that aggregates into Stackla. This allows you to determine whether the response rates to your campaign / brand offering is positive, negative or somewhere in between (neutral).
Stackla's sentiment score is generate by looking at the message of the tile and uses the AFINN-165 wordlist and Emoji Sentiment Ranking to perform our sentiment analysis.
Occasionally, Stackla's sentiment analysis may not correctly match the sentiment of a post. For example, the post below has been marked as negative by the Stackla system, however it could be marked as positive.
To change a posts Sentiment follow the instructions below:
- Go to Curate > Manage Content > View Settings
- Select the option, 'Sentiment'
- A new column will be added to the Table View allowing you to review all posts Sentiment score
- To change the Sentiment simply use the drop down and select from Positive, Neutral or Negative
- The update is automatically saved
If you wish to filter your content by Sentiment simply go to you Curate > Manage Content > Refine By > Sentiment and select from Positive, Neutral or Negative.
For any further questions or queries, please submit a request and our support team will get back to you.